COVID–19 information for veterinarians and the aquaculture industry
The following links have been taken from information compiled by The United States Trout Farmers Association.
The USTFA wants to thank these organizations and people for sharing the material - NAA & USAS, aquaculture extension (Gary Fornshell), and from the Regional Aquaculture Centers. The aquaculture industry has been practicing good sanitation and safety for many years as most farms have gone through seafood HAACP and or have developed bio-security plans for their facilities.
The National Fisheries Institute (NFI)
- NFI has developed a seafood and coronavirus website with talking points to help people understand that the virus is not related to seafood. At a time like this, it's more important than ever to listen to public health professionals, from the U.S. and around the world.
- Here's what they have to say about seafood and coronavirus
The US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA has a program through the states that provides targeted, small business loans to businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by COVID-19.
- You can learn more about this program on the SBA website here:
National Institute of Health
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and the Crisis Text Line
One valuable resource many of you may already be aware of are the aquaculture Extension professionals at Land Grant and/or Sea Grant institutions in your state. Many universities have closed for students to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, but Extension employees are still working and available to assist you. In unique situations such as the COVID-19 pandemic, Extension professionals try to keep up to date with any programs in our country and state that could benefit the aquaculture industry. These programs may be local disaster assistance programs similar to the SBA program or could be informational assistance such as the NFI website.
- New deadlines for each program can be found here: https://www.nifa.usda.gov/afri-deadlines.
- Please note not all program deadlines have been extended.
- We are expecting additional details to be received from NIFA.
National Science Foundation
NSF RAPID Research on Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Request for Projects)
National Institute of Health
- Due to the potential exceptional impact of the declared public health emergency, we want to assure our recipient community that NIH will be doing our part to help you continue your research. See a video message from Dr. Mike Lauer discussing the flexibilities available for applicants and recipients. Continue reading →
Department of Energy- Office of Science
- The Department of Energy-Office of Science has released the following accommodations for awardees and applicants in response to interruptions because of COVID-19. Please review the attachment for more information.
- Current DOE-SC funding announcements can be found here: