APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED, PLEASE CHECK BACK NEXT YEAR!
JOIN AAFV TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FUTURE SCHOLARSHIPS TO KEEP UP TO DATE ON NOTIFICATIONS!
OF FISH VETERINARIANS
The American Association of Fish Veterinarians (AAFV) recognizes the burgeoning cost of veterinary education coupled with the fact that most veterinary schools do not provide training in aquatic veterinary medicine. Thus, the AAFV Student Scholarship Program has been established to assist veterinary students in their quest to increase their experience and training in aquatic veterinary medicine, specifically fish. This includes, but is not limited to, participating in aquatic programs, short courses, externships, conferences and presentations and research projects. The AAFV Executive Board and Student Scholarship Committee has set the amount for each scholarship at $500. The number of scholarships offered each year will be dependent on available funds. Scholarships will be presented once a calendar year and need to be used within one year of being awarded.
Eligibility for Scholarships:
- AAFV Student Member, including those enrolled in graduate school, internships and residencies
- AAFV Member not more than 1 year after graduation
- Previous recipients are not eligible
- Recipients must also submit a written report about their experience to the AAFV Student Scholarship Committee within one month of completion of their experience.
A Complete Application Consists of:
- A completed scholarship application form
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two references, preferably from faculty, submitted directly from the reference to Dr. Lester Khoo at email@example.com
Click here for application
Selection Criteria Includes:
- Involvement in fish related activities within and outside of veterinary school
- Value of proposed activity to increase participant’s experience and awareness in fish medicine
- Demonstrated potential for future contributions in fish and aquatic veterinary medicine
- References’ evaluation of personal character, reliability and dedication to the field
- Demonstrated need for financial support
AAFV Scholarship Announcement
The application deadline for 2017 is April 1. All application materials must be submitted to Dr. Lester Khoo at firstname.lastname@example.org by this date. Only complete applications received by the deadline will be considered. Recipients will be notified by May 15.
The 2018 application period will be open in 2018. Please check back for updated information at that time.