Join us for the American Association of Fish Veterinarians Annual Conference,
taking place September 24 & 25, 2017 in Dallas, Texas.
Don’t miss this exciting event!
MARK THIS DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR!
This year we will be holding our conference in conjunction with the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians, the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians and the Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians Annual Conference – September 23-29.
We are excited to be a part of this joint conference and hope you will be as well. This event will bring together the best exotic pet, zoo and wildlife veterinarians from all over the world to contribute to the scientific, continuing education, networking and hands-on learning that make our careers enriching and fulfilling.
We look forward to seeing you in September!
In addition to our schedule of labs and sessions, you will have the opportunity to also participate in AAZV, AEMV and ARAV events:
AAZV/AEMV/ARAV Conference Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Trade Show Wednesday, Thursday
Zoo Day- Admission & Tour
AAZV Conference Friday
(Additional charges may apply)
AAFV Conference Announcement
and Call for Proposals
BECOME A SPEAKER!
Submit Your Proposal by May 1st, 2017
Submissions on all topics related to fish medicine are welcome.
Please note that case reports will be considered for acceptance only if they provide substantive clinical, pathological, or research information, such as the use of novel therapeutics or diagnostics.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The following guidelines should be used for proposal submission for all presentation types.
- Contact Information: Include presenting author information and all contributing author information. Authors should be listed in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract.
- The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the submission. It is the responsibility of the primary author to contact co-authors of this confirmation.
- All presenters must register for the conference.
- submission of full abstracts.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you can submit, but a maximum of two oral presentations will be accepted per individual.
- Presenting author bio: Please submit a brief 50 word or less biography for the presenting author. This information will be used on the conference website and in introductions at the time of the presentation at the conference.
- Proposal: We are requiring the submissions of full abstracts.
- Authors will be allowed the opportunity to provide minor revisions to their abstracts after they have been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
- Authors wishing to pursue publication in peer-reviewed journals are advised to limit their abstract to less than 250 words to avoid potential conflicts with later publication.
- Notification of accepted presentations and posters will be made by May 27, 2017
- Accepted presenters will be expected to provide the final abstract or paper for the proceedings by June 18. 2017 and adhere to all submissions guidelines
Email your proposal to: Cindy@fishvets.org