Membership in the American Association of Fish Veterinarians includes the following benefits:
- Communicate and network with a group of clinically focused fish veterinarians
- Fish specific veterinary continuing education
- Practice listed in "Find a Fish Vet" locator and directory for potential cleints
- Listserv (discussion of clinical cases)
- Case reports
- Work towards future certificate/board certification in fish medicine
- Client handouts and resources
- Student scholarship
- Externship/other student opportunities
Membership year runs from January 1 to December 31 each year
Dues paid after Nov 1 will apply to upcoming year
Any member who has not paid by March 1 will be removed from membership until dues are paid
At this time, membership is limited to the US and Canada.
Use the "Join Now" button for
New Memberships and Renewals
→ AAFV IS NO LONGER USING PAYPAL ←
New Membership Categories Added!
Yes, you are invited to become members, too!
Veterinary Technicians - AAFV membership fee $50
Veterinary Technician Students - AAFV membership fee $25
Veterinary and Veterinary Technician Students
Fish medicine is the future and we welcome you as a future colleague!
Current Veterinary Student Chapter head is:
Justin Stilwell at email@example.com
Member advisors are: Dr. Tom Waltzek at tbwaltzek@ufl
Dr. Hugh Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Member Requirements
Students must be sponsored by a current voting member of the AAFV and either:
1) a current veterinary or veterinary technician student at an AVMA accredited veterinary school or
2) a veterinarian who graduated from an AVMA accredited school pursuing another graduate degree (MS, PhD, Residency, etc)
Annual dues are $25